The English Lake District is one of the most picturesque destinations in the United Kingdom, with its beautiful lakes, rolling hills, and charming villages.
A day trip to the Lake District is a perfect way to experience this stunning region. Here are some of the highlights you can expect to see:
- Explore the tranquil Lake Windermere, the largest lake in England, and take a cruise to enjoy the spectacular views of the surrounding hills.
- Visit the charming town of Grasmere, the home of William Wordsworth, one of the most famous poets in English literature. Visitors can see his former home, Dove Cottage, and his grave at St. Oswald's Church.
- Marvel at the stunning scenery of the Honister Pass, a mountain pass that connects the towns of Borrowdale and Buttermere.
- Visit the picturesque village of Hawkshead, which dates back to the 14th century and is home to many historic buildings, including the grammar school attended by William Wordsworth.
- Take a stroll around the charming town of Ambleside, which is located on the northern shore of Lake Windermere. Visitors can enjoy the beautiful views of the lake and the surrounding fells, as well as the many independent shops, cafes, and restaurants.
Day trips to the Lake District from Manchester
Day trips to the Lake District from Liverpool
Day trips to the Lake District from Chester
Day trips to the Lake District from London
Day trips to the Lake District from Oxenholme
Day trips to the Lake District from Windermere
Day trips to the Lake District from Keswick